friendships matter

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Underneath are the everlasting arms

I truly have felt the everlasting arms the last while. Thanks to all who left encouraging comments and prayed. The desperation inside of me feels much less and there is more of resting. Just living life and finding God in the midst of it rather than trying so hard to perform and do life. Just being rather than doing. Not hiding and trying to ignore the heartaches of life but also not trying so hard to do things right but rather just facing each moment with God at my side, knowing that He can help me with whatever I need to face.
Two books I am reading right now are also playing into this being able to rest instead of perform. One was recommended by a friend in blog world..."Water from Stone" and the other is one I had read before but pulled out once more because of Sunday School..."Shattered Dreams" by Larry Crabb. The other author I can't remember right now but thanks goes to ampraisinghim for recommending it.
Love you all...keep on keeping on!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At September 09, 2006 9:34 AM, Blogger ampraisingHim said…

    I am so glad that you are feeling better. I liked that book too, and am honored that you took my humble recommendation :) The author is M. Wayne Brown. Have a very good weekend. Hugs. I'm praying for you.

     
  • At September 21, 2006 9:59 AM, Blogger Basketcollector said…

    I am thinking of you today....have you been doing ok? I heard you were in to help Sylvia...bless your heart...I wanted to do something but I was under the weather and had no energy not that its much better now....Ashton has reflux and is becoming more fussy....love and hugs...

     
  • At September 26, 2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Destination...Gloryland! said…

    Sorry that I have been so behind on reading posts, but I'm glad to read that as of a couple weeks ago you were feeling better. I hope that that is still the case and that you are enjoying walking arm and arm with Jesus throughout your days.

     
  • At January 30, 2007 7:25 PM, Blogger ampraisingHim said…

    So glad to hear from you...as you can tell, I've moved. Thanks for visiting my site.

     
  • At November 28, 2007 11:28 PM, Blogger Mrs. Nichole J. said…

    How to have a Frugal Christmas! ITS UP!!!

    So come on, inspire us!

    Spread the word!

    We are going to have something SPECIAL ALONG WITH THIS FRUGAL CHRISTMAS!!!

    http://nicholejordan.blogspot.com/2007/11/frugal-christmas-and-giveaway.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home