friendships matter

Monday, July 03, 2006

A Child is Missing

Our oldest son, Joseph, 14, left to spend some time in Texas with his grandparents. He went last summer and it was the same way. It always seems to be someone missing and I find myself counting to make sure they are all here. My mind knows he is at a safe place but somehow still cannot shake off the idea that someone is missing. I think that must be how Jesus feels when someone is truly missing, that is why he will leave the 99 and go look for the lost sheep. I know I would do that in a heartbeat for my son if I knew he was truly lost and alone somewhere.

1 Comments:

  • At July 03, 2006 5:31 PM, Blogger ampraisingHim said…

    Although I only have one son, I can't exactly relate. But, when he's away or off at school, or something, a piece of my life does seem missing. I am praying that the Lord blesses this time with your oldest,and that your son may draw closer to the Lord during his visit. I'm also praying for strength for you. God bless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home